Opening subscriptions to mirror-list{,-d} ?

Matt_Domsch at Dell.com Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Fri Aug 27 14:48:30 UTC 2010

I would like to propose we remove the subscription administrative confirmation for mirror-list and mirror-list-d.

As best as I can tell, the primary users of these lists are Fedora mirrors, with a few RHEL source and beta mirrors subscribed too, though for those tracked by MirrorManager, they are all also Fedora mirrors.

We no longer are adding new mirrors to the master mirror rsync ACLs, and have not added anyone to the ACLs for at least a year.  Therefore, the only "benefit" an admin gets to being on mirror-list from a Red Hat corporate perspective would be advanced notice of new bits being staged or made available, at most 1 week advance notice.

It would simplify the process for mirror admins to sign up, and remove an administrative duty that Adrian Reber and I have carried for several years.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Matt
Fedora Mirror Wrangler