xmpp based nagios notifications

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 2 22:42:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 16:39 -0600, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:17 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > And now I get nagios notices as popups in my jabber client(s).
>
> On a side note, would it make sense to have a Fedora XMPP server?
> That would allow people to use <fas id>@fedoraproject.org as a XMPP
> ID.  There are a number of good XMPP servers already packaged for
> Fedora and/or EPEL, the hard part would be choosing one and figuring
> out how to get authentication against FAS working.

I don't think it would make sense for us to have our own xmpp server for
users. But it may make sense for us to have our own for services.

there are lots of good, public, free jabber/xmpp servers and there's no
good reason for us to get into that business or the support headaches it
creates.

But for our services it could make sense for us to run one for service
accounts.

What do you think?

-sv