RFC: Need a Sysadmin Greeter

Ricky Elrod codeblock at elrod.me
Sat Dec 4 23:58:33 UTC 2010

I kind of agree with your levels of trust there, but one thing I notice
(that Mike/mmcgrath has pointed out before) is that we get a lot of
people who show interest, get access to some subset of systems
(like -noc, or -test), and then never use it, and just fade out. Or
they send out their introduction email, but never join on IRC
and never actually get involved.

I realize -test is kind of more public than the rest, but I think we
should occasionally go through -test and -noc and see who all
has faded out/not used their access. I'd rather people come back
in a month asking to be re-sponsored into a group than have access
to things just hanging there, and never be used. The more access,
the more entryways into the servers, and the more security risk.

One other thing, I wouldn't put -hosted in the same group as
-noc and -test. -hosted has access to all of fedorahosted.org
which hosts quite a lot of projects and gets quite a lot of hits.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on moving forward. I really like
how open we are to people helping out, and joining the team, I just
wish there was a way to filter those who are interested/will stick around
against those who will fade away in two weeks.

- Ricky Elrod