RFC: hosted VCS changes, do we offer that as a service?

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Mon Dec 6 01:17:43 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 8:12 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> wrote:
>
>> Sounds quite reasonable to me. ;)
>
> We advertise that we do imports from other SCM's (which could consist
> simply of checking it out and doing an initial commit, or something
> more complicated). While we've never really been in the business of
> doing SCM conversions per se, I'll help folks along if they need it.

Well the issue for me wasn't whether it was possible (I actually have
a SOP on doing the SVN -> git process 3/4 done.) but after I fleshed
out the level of work, and what it actually consisted of, and that I
was able to do it all locally, I wondered if we should be shouldering
the responsibility of doing this work.