Need a Sysadmin Greeter

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Dec 9 03:46:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 18:42:02 -0300
Domingo Becker <domingobecker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, you're right, it's sysadmin-web.
> I'm new in fedora-admin and I'm working on ticket 2389, about
> Transifex update.
>
> I have no problem to take care of Transifex once I get it updated.

Cool. There are several other tickets related to it...

> I'm currently stuck with the transifex package requirement of intltool
> 0.37.1 or above.
> CentOS 5.5 base repo has intltool 0.35.0 so I guess it would be faster
> for Fedora to push an update to Fedora EPEL 5 updates-testing repo.

Not possible I'm afraid.

EPEL never ships anything thats part of the base OS.

> I asked Matthias Lasen (mclasen), the intltool package maintainer,
> about the possibility to push an update to Fedora EPEL 5. I'm still
> waiting for an answer.

He's likely not going to be able to help.
You would need to get the RHEL maintainer (whoever that is) to push
such an update. I suspect they would have very strong resistance to
doing so in a stable release. ;(

Perhaps it would be better to target RHEL6?