delta rpm compose debugging change

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Dec 30 17:36:23 UTC 2010

Greetings.

Of late openoffice.org and a few other packages have been not
generating delta rpms in pushes. ;(

They error with:

Error genDeltaRPM for chunkd: exitcode was 256 - Reported Error: bad cpio archive

But looking later at both rpms, things seem fine. ;(

I've talked with jdieter and we would like to add in more debugging:

<jdieter> nirik: We're still having the "bad cpio archive" with openoffice.org updates
<jdieter> I have a patched version of deltarpm available at: http://www.lesloueizeh.com/jdieter/deltarpm-3.6-0.1.20101230git.fc14.src.rpm
<jdieter> If run with -vv, it will report old rpm, new rpm, and tell us what the actual first six bytes of what's actually in the rpm
<jdieter> vs the 070701 that it's supposed to be
<jdieter> I don't have an el6 system, so it will have to be rebuilt for releng2
<jdieter> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/createrepo/deltarpms.py needs to modified as well
<jdieter> The line with "makedeltarpm -v" needs to be changed to "makedeltarpm -vv"

epel5 scratch build at:
(releng02 is rhel5).

If I can get enough +'s I'd be happy to put this in place whenever.
Otherwise we can wait until next week after the freeze.

Thoughts? Comments? Other ideas?