Fedora Hosted entry on Wikipedia

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Feb 1 09:42:38 UTC 2010

On 01/31/2010 06:03 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Responding to a recent status post:
>   http://twitter.com/berrange/status/8231080017
>
> I added Fedora Hosted info to the Wikipedia page in question:
>   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_software_hosting_facilities

<o/ <o/ <o/
\o> \o> \o>

Great move!

> I'd appreciate it if someone knowledgeable could check the information
> there and correct any oversights or errors.  Thanks.

Just a few stabs at what I'm seeing:

1) Wouldn't Transifex be considered a translation system? Google Code
and Launchpad are considered to have a translation system and there's
extra foo you need to do there, not unlike what you have to do on Fedora
Hosted (add transifex user to your scm group and tell somebody about
it). Transifex of course is way better then either of the other
aforementioned...!!

2) In the way that github allows you to have personal/private branches,
and Sourceforge doesn't, isn't Fedora Hosted somewhere in between?

3) The trac system also allows for email2trac (along w/ anti-spam?),
ticket templates and code review, and probably more. Maybe that's worth
mentioning too.

-- Jeroen