[SPAM] RFC: SpamAssassin subject munging considered harmful :)

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 2 17:49:39 UTC 2010

On 2010-02-02 05:27:22 PM, Tristan Santore wrote:
> If the score originates from com2com scoring, then the filter needs fixing, as
> it did not look for \.com but anything com. This looks more like a bug that
> needs to be submitted to the relevant developers.
I don't think it was necessarily a bug in the rule.  The original email
that Todd forwarded contained "google.com.s9b1.psmtp.com." which looks
like it could have set it off.

Also, an update to this - we've disabled the [SPAM] subject in our
spamassassin config now.  The normal spamassasin headers will still be
included in emails, but the subject just won't be modified.

Thanks,
Ricky