Trac and Fedorahosted

Heherson Pagcaliwagan herson at azneita.org
Fri Feb 5 03:53:09 UTC 2010

Re-sending my email because the first one got held in moderation
(non-member to member-only list). Please disregard the duplicate.

Hi guys!

I'm about to make a presentation at Geek Camp 3.0[1] with the
following description:

+-
Presentation title
Trac: Issue Tracking and Project Management

Presentation abstract
Trac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for software
development projects. Trac strives to impose as little as possible on
a team's established development process and policies. For this reason
and more, it is being used by the Fedora Project for its fedorahosted
infrastructure.

This talk will cover installation of trac and a sample trac workflow
for a software development project.
+-

I have used trac for FreeMedia, FAmSCo and Ambassador Membership and have some
experience installing the software.

It has been suggested to me that it would be great to incorporate more
Fedora experience into the presentation. Can anyone indulge me with
the details surrounding using trac for fedorahosted.org? Champions/How
the present service is set up/Quotable quotes/ - those sort of things
that are great to throw at the audience for emphasis. :)

[1] http://bluepoint.com.ph/index.php?entry=20091201120156

--
Heherson Pagcaliwagan
http://project.azneita.org