blogs.fedoraproject.org and planet

Luca Foppiano luca at foppiano.org
Thu Feb 11 17:53:56 UTC 2010

On 02/11/2010 06:07 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Luca Foppiano wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> 	I'm interested to know the status of the blogs instances in the
>> fedoraproject domains.
>> I would like to use the blog and the planet as news/story board for the
>> local fedora communities website .
>>
>> * About the blog, Is something work in progress? I saw a nice
>> infrastructure but with some work more to do:
>>

> Work in progress.  AFAIK the docs still haven't been written up and it
> still hasn't been announced.
>
>> - are you aware that the css has some class broken? like the images are
>> not correctly shown?
>>
>> - do you think is possible to customize also the left bar?
>>

> If you're any good at that stuff submit some patches, I'm sure we'd be
> glad to have them.

I'm working with some other guys to evaluate some solutions for our
website infrastructure and the blog is one of our candidate. While we
will work on a sample for us we can provide you some patches and
suggestion on it.
Is there a trac/git repository for the blog system?

>> * about the planet, are there any plans to create a multi-instance,
>> planet, maybe by country or by language?
>>

> We've talked about it and I think we decided no but I don't remember the
> detauls.

uhm, that's a pity :(
I was wondering to workaround about this lack with a wordpress plugin:
feedwordpress (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/feedwordpress/)

I think this pluign needs to be packaged.

and for would be nice to have also "add to any plugin" which is already
packaged as: wordpress-plugin-add-to-any.noarch

bye
Luca