Additional IPv6 Bittorrent tracker

Matt_Domsch at Dell.com Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Sat Feb 13 17:33:39 UTC 2010

We do have a Xen host and several VMs on native IPv6 hosted at ibiblio.org, which is
where we would want to run such a tracker ourselves if possible.  The goal was to
run the opentracker-v6 in parallel with the existing bittorrent-based tracker.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/IPv6
notes our v6 infrastructure.

The problem wasn't just that statistics were unavailable (which would be a problem - we like
having some counts of download methods), but that even retrieving them via
http would crash the tracker. :-(

I looked into Azureus briefly, but IIRC it's java-based?  We don't have any java in our
infra environment right now.  That doesn't mean we couldn't add it, but most FI maintainers
aren't java experts.  I haven't looked into BitTornado.

Thank you for your offer to host though - that's something we can consider.  The infrastructure list
(copied) is the right place for this discussion.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO