local koji server - creating certificates

Doug Reiland dreiland at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 15:43:12 UTC 2010

I am going thru the step of creating the certs. for kojira, kojiadm, ...

If I understand the directions correctly, the field for common name is
"admin" for everybody except kojihub and kojiweb, which used my server
name.

I do the following steps:
openssl genrsa ..
openssl req ...
openssl ca ..

The openssl ca works for the first user (say kojira), but not the
next, kojiadmin:

failed to update database
TXT_DB error number 2

So, /etc/pki/koji/certs/*.crt end up empty and when I restart httpd,
it fails because /etc/http/conf.d/ssl.conf is including some of them.

What am I missing?