Spins late TM approval

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 19:19:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 09:09:51AM -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > The list of spins at this moment in time is at:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Spins_Fedora_13
> >
> > 9 of these are to be included in the Release, excluding Desktop and KDE
> > which for some reason are outside of the Spins SIG's processes completely.
> <snip>
>
> Why exactly are these two excluded from the spins process?

I would imagine it's because in relative terms they have a very large
maintainer base in Fedora.  The recurring spins process page[1] says
this:

"This process safe-guards that at least somebody looks at the spin
itself as well as the Spin page, and prevents major changes to the
spin from going unnoticed. It is not like all recurring spins will
have to go through the entire review process step-by-step once more."

There are a (relatively) huge number of people providing this
assurance already.  Is there appreciable value in adding more steps to
the process?

* * *
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Recurring_Releases