RFR - A kerberos and ldap server available for participants of the SSSD test day

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Feb 23 21:36:59 UTC 2010

Also recorded in TRAC as lucky #2000
(https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2000)

== Primary Contact ==
Name: Stephen Gallagher  [[BR]]
Fedora Account Name: sgallagh  [[BR]]
Group: Fedora Packager CVS Commit Group  [[BR]]

'''Infrastructure Sponsor''':

== Secondary Contact info ==
Name: James Laska [[BR]]
Fedora Account Name: jlaska  [[BR]]
Group: Fedora Packager CVS Commit Group [[BR]]

== Project Info ==
Project Name: A test box running an LDAP and kerberos server for the
2010-03-04 SSSD test day  [[BR]]
Target Audience: SSSD test day participants [[BR]]
Expiration/Delivery Date (required): 2010-03-04 (this is the test day
date) [[BR]]

Description/Summary:
A kerberos and ldap server available for participants of the SSSD test
day

Project plan (Detailed):
We need both a kerberos and LDAP server available to test F-13
SSSDbyDefault changes.  Specifically (provided by sgallagh):

> We need Kerberos to be configured to authenticate the same users
provided by
> the LDAP server, and we want the LDAP server to ALSO be able to
authenticate
> these users. I'd also prefer it if the two systems could use different
> passwords (e.g. kerberos users would auth with 'krbuserN' and ldap
users would
> auth with 'ldapuserN' so we could be certain of which auth mechanism
was being
> used).

Goals:
Provide the test day participants with an easy test environment.

== Specific resources needed ==
N/A

== Additional Info (Optional) ==
I've included Stephen and Jenny to the CC list of this ticket for
further details that I may have missed.