Goals for F13?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Jan 7 02:33:04 UTC 2010

Mike McGrath wrote:
> I was under the impression that gitweb-caching was a massive step away
> from gitweb proper.  Can anyone correct me on that?

It is, but John H. sent a patch series to the git list to try and get
his code into git proper, which would be the best of both worlds.
It's still being discussed, so if infra wants to use a gitweb-caching
package in the interim that seems reasonable.

I'm not so sure it's worth getting such a package into Fedora, as
we'll push a git with a caching gitweb fairly quickly once it's
included upstream.  To me, the effort is best spent getting it
accepted upstream rather than creating a forked package that will
(hopefully) be made irrelevant fairly soon.

Ever notice that even the busiest people are never too busy to tell
you just how busy they are?