Goals for F13?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Jan 7 14:44:56 UTC 2010

Jon Stanley wrote:
> Well they haven't been interested for quite some time, I think
> they've finally come to realize that gitweb as is is crap.
>
> But John made an interesting point to me at FUDCon that might be
> disincentive for upstream to accept this: "there are probably 20
> people in the world that need this code, and I know 15 of them" :)

My take from reading the review of the patches on the git list is that
they would be accepted, but they need to be done in a way that doesn't
negatively impact those who don't want/need the caching.

The git folks are often pretty hard on patch reviews, but I think that
results in better, more maintainable code in git.git. :)

Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)