yslow website stats

Brennan Ashton bashton at brennanashton.com
Sat Jan 9 03:54:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Darren VanBuren <onekopaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, browsers cache on EXACT URLs. So if you attach ?2010011023 to
> a URL, it will only be valid until the URL changes or the expiry time
> comes around.
>
> Darren L. VanBuren
> =====================
> http://theoks.net/

However if my browser caches http://fedoraproject.org and there is a
static file pointed at called image1.gif, even if you update
fedoraproject.org to point to the static file image1-2.gif instead,
that update will not be seen until fedoraproject.org expires from my
cache and I will still be seeing image1.gif.

I really think that cache-control is the way to go at least for
content that we want to cache, but also want to have control of all
the time.

--Brennan Ashton