Introduction and Notes of Experience

yancy ribbens yancy.ribbens at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 05:59:55 UTC 2010

Greetings!

This email is to introduce myself and to list some notes about my
experience.  I'm very excited about being a part of the Fedora Project
and feel I have much to contribute.

My experience with computer systems dates to an old 8088 running MS-DOS
6.22.  Only in the last couple years have I made the switch to open
source.  I would consider my experience with Linux and Unix systems to
be fairly beginner to intermediate at this point.  I'm proficient on the
command line and hope to grow my experience in scripting languages.

I hold an associates in applied sciences with a focus of computer
networking.  During the day, I work as a support technician doing basic
desktop support and network troubleshooting.  I'm part of a large team
and I enjoy working and communicating with them daily.

My reason for joining the Fedora Project is both for personal enjoyment
and for professional development.

I look forward to learning more about the infrastructure group and
contributing to the Project in any way possible.

Thanks for your time,

Yancy "yawns" Ribbens
yancy.ribbens at gmail.com
Minneapolis, MN