Hosted requests

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Jan 22 00:40:13 UTC 2010

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Generally we've been dropping the ball on hosted requests, some
> sitting outstanding for several days before someone even responds.
>
> So what is a solution?
>
> I think we could automate the process even more then we do already,
> I'm open to suggestions.

I never seem to have as much time as I'd like for things.  I did do
some work on a gitsetup script in python that can do a bit more of the
setup than the current shell script can.  I need to integrate that
with the mailman list setup script (and push my changes to allow that
script to be run non-interactively).  That might help a little, by
making the process many less steps than the host repo SOP is now, for
git at least.

Ideally, the whole process should be scripted so that all we need is
for folks to check the ticket, verify all the needed info is present,
then run a setup script.  Bonus points if we write the setup scripts
in a way that lets us re-use them to make this a web based process in
some future with flying pigs.

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.