Ok. Looks like this one _may_ fulfill our calendering needs. Testing required.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jan 23 09:01:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 14:18 -0500, Brennan Ashton wrote:

> I have deployed this as well a few times thought its history and it
> has served me well each time.  One thing to consider is how large of a
> service it is, I have never really had to bother with trimming all the
> "extra" features (mail, address book etc...) from it.

It's fairly well modularized. See the Mandriva package list:

egroupware-developer_tools
egroupware-egw-pear
egroupware-emailadmin
egroupware-etemplate
egroupware-felamimail
egroupware-filemanager
egroupware-gallery
egroupware-icalsrv
egroupware-importexport
egroupware-infolog
egroupware-manual
egroupware-mydms
egroupware-news_admin
egroupware-notifications
egroupware-phpbrain
egroupware-phpsysinfo
egroupware-polls
egroupware-projectmanager
egroupware-registration
egroupware-sambaadmin
egroupware-sitemgr
egroupware-syncml
egroupware-timesheet
egroupware-tracker
egroupware-wiki
egroupware-workflow

all you really need installed for it to work at a basic level is the
main package, emailadmin (the setup process won't complete without it),
etemplate and calendar. Well, calendar was listed as a dependency by the
previous maintainer, who I'm assuming knew what he was doing. I can't
personally confirm that the app doesn't work without it. You don't need
even the webmail chunk, let alone any of the more esoteric bits.

I did test it some more today. I have working three-way sync of my real
calendar and contacts - egroupware / desktop / laptop. Evolution seems
quite flaky at transferring large amounts of data all at once -
especially, for instance, trying to dump 50 contacts direct from a
Google calendar (accessed by CalDAV) into the egroupware calendar (also
accessed by CalDAV) tends to make it fall over. But I suspect that's as
much Evo as anything else, I don't think anyone's really stressed its
CalDAV capabilities much, and I'm running Rawhide. Once I got the data
in, in small enough lumps, it works fine.

I can't seem to make my Windows Mobile phone sync with the egroupware
server; it should be possible via the Funambol client for Windows
Mobile, which does SyncML synchronization. egroupware supports SyncML,
and this is the method upstream recommends for syncing with WM devices.
I can set it up and it claims to run correctly, but no data ever appears
on the phone. That's not really a big deal from the Fedora viewpoint,
though, it's not one of our requirements for the project and I'd guess
most Fedora people have Android phones or iPhones, not WM phones. I'll
probably give it a few more tries over the weekend or next week and see
if I can figure out what's wrong.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey