Staging machine for 'Fedora Hall of Fame'

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Jul 9 13:36:14 UTC 2010

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Kamil Paral wrote:

> ----- "Mike McGrath" <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Kamil Paral wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have created a ticket as a request for hardware:
> > > https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2262
> > >
> > > I tried to follow the guidelines as much as possible:
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Request_For_Resources
> > >
> > > Please tell me if some information is missing or if I should
> > > do something more in order to have my request accepted.
> > >

> > The description says: "Basically we're looking for a (virtual)
> > machine
> > where we could deploy the results of our work"  but doesn't go into
> > detail
> > about what that is.  These are just flat files with statistics in
> > them
> > that get updated by some external script?
>
> The idea was to setup a clone of https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/
> and add some new plugins to it. So I guess it won't be just flat
> files, but python scripts and some relational database (we don't have
> it fully examined yet). I had the idea that if we received a virtual
> machine we would be able to install quite arbitrary software. Isn't that
> the case? Clarifications welcome.
>
> Anyway, please see https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2262#comment:1.
> Luke Macken has offered us some help with using their staging servers.
> I'll update (and possibly close) that ticket if that works out. Otherwise
> I'll get in touch again.

I think there might be a little confusion here.  It sounds like you're
working to do integration / development.  Stuff like that would get done
on a publictest server which we can hand over.  Staging is more for after
everything is done and written.

Luke, if you are going to sponsor this let me know if you need a pt server
for it, I'll get one built up unless you wanted to do it.

	-Mike