New guy question

Matt Micene matt.micene at dlt.com
Wed Jul 28 17:07:10 UTC 2010

I've been lurking and learning as much as I can via Trac , IRC, and the
wiki to figure out where I think I can best fit before sending my intro
email.  I'm running into a bit of a road block mentally tho and am
looking for some pointers to docs I may be missing.

Is there more info like the Orientation SOP that goes into the
architectures in use for the various different services?  The technical
architecture overview on the Infrastructure wiki is fairly generic and
high level and the SOPs are fairly deep in the weeds (as they should
be).  Is there somewhere to find the middle ground at a service level
and or a next layer deep for the overview?

Could be just the way I process, but I'm having a bit of a hard time
finding an place to start unraveling the ball to answer the "What do I
want to do" question.  Maybe sysadmin-noc is a good place to start (just
like the Real World (TM))?

TIA

Matt Micene
Solutions Architect, RHCE
DLT Solutions
Direct 703-773-1195

Don’t let virtualization uncertainty affect your ability to consolidate and enhance system performance. Learn how to break down barriers to open source virtualization adoption today: http://www.dlt.com/virt-barriers