New guy question

Matt Micene matt.micene at dlt.com
Wed Jul 28 19:09:56 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: infrastructure-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org
[mailto:infrastructure-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of
Mike McGrath
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 2:18 PM
To: Fedora Infrastructure
Subject: Re: New guy question

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Matt Micene wrote:

> I've been lurking and learning as much as I can via Trac , IRC, and
the
> wiki to figure out where I think I can best fit before sending my
intro
> email.  I'm running into a bit of a road block mentally tho and am
> looking for some pointers to docs I may be missing.
>
> Is there more info like the Orientation SOP that goes into the
> architectures in use for the various different services?  The
technical
> architecture overview on the Infrastructure wiki is fairly generic and
> high level and the SOPs are fairly deep in the weeds (as they should
> be).  Is there somewhere to find the middle ground at a service level
> and or a next layer deep for the overview?
>
> Could be just the way I process, but I'm having a bit of a hard time
> finding an place to start unraveling the ball to answer the "What do I
> want to do" question.  Maybe sysadmin-noc is a good place to start
(just
> like the Real World (TM))?

We don't so much have an architectural overview as we do a FIGs
description.  I've been meaning to beef that up anyway.  Perhaps I'll do
it this week:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/FIGs

	-Mike

(Sorry for the ugly bottom post, Outlook bites)

Ok Mike, I will continue to poke around the SOPs and the FIG
descriptions and figure out a landing spot for me.  Then again, don't
complain if you can't help solve, maybe building an architectural
overview could be a place to start?

-Matt

Don’t let virtualization uncertainty affect your ability to consolidate and enhance system performance. Learn how to break down barriers to open source virtualization adoption today: http://www.dlt.com/virt-barriers