New guy question

Matt Micene matt.micene at dlt.com
Thu Jul 29 16:01:41 UTC 2010

> Though what questions would you have (that you wouldn't normally ask
on
> mailing list).  When I'm writing some more details in the FIGs what
> would
> you as a brand new volunteer need/want to know to help decide what to
> do?
>
> 	-Mike

Maybe this is also a personal experience thing...  I've been holding off
on the intro email b/c I haven't picked a niche but:

I'm a platform / system admin and architect.  I'm kinda old school, my
scripting and web programming skills all tie back to that, I've not been
a two hat dev / sysadmin for years now.  Same thing with CVS and SCM in
general, installed, maintained, used for sysconfig but by no means a
merge master.

Its' not you, it's me?  We both really great people, just want different
things in life?  We need to see other projects?

-matt

Don’t let virtualization uncertainty affect your ability to consolidate and enhance system performance. Learn how to break down barriers to open source virtualization adoption today: http://www.dlt.com/virt-barriers