discussions on statistics in fedora: new list, or use this one?

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Wed Jun 16 15:00:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:34:20AM -0400, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> If you're going to try to get other, non-Fedora, projects using this, having
> a new mailing list might be a better fit.  People from other projects might
> not be especially keen to get the fedora-infra list discussion just to work
> on datanommer.

This is exactly what I'm trying to do, so...

On the other hand, the suggested list is for all statistics discussions
*within* Fedora. Maybe it would be a better idea to have a datanommer
list at Fedora Hosted, and leave Fedora-specific discussion to this
list.

> The worry I have when a project that Fedora is relying on heavily gets its
> own mailing list is that the communication between the project and Fedora
> Admins tends to degrade.  Schedules for deployment, resources to host the
> service, people to maintain applications, etc all seem to get talked about
> on the other list and the infrastructure group gets pulled in at the last
> minute when we have to resolve conflicts, try to fix code unfamiliar to us,
> or simply say no.

It's easy for me to say "oh no, no, this won't happen," but it's a lot
harder to keep that promise. ;)  I can try my best to keep all of the
discussions that need to happen here, here. Getting an RFR and a sponsor
(which is something else I need to do) should probably help with that.

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>