Weird spammy domain

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon May 3 21:33:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Spot and I received some reports about the fedorproject.org site.  We
> referred this to Red Hat's legal department, and they're looking into
> it.  However, given the site's origin it may take a while to see any
> effects from that work.
>
> What technical steps might we want to take with regard to this site in
> the meantime?  I would feel comfortable with the Infrastructure team
> doing whatever they deem appropriate to protect our users or potential
> users, to whatever extent we can.

Oh joy... another HostGator spam/malware site.

First thought on the issue would be that we could check for redirects
from it .. that we can send to a page explaining that they have come
from a possibly malware site that has no connection with Fedora or Red
Hat. As such they should beware of anything they downloaded from the
site (even if they are running Linux).

--
Stephen J Smoogen.