cron.daily jobs needed?

Mark Chappell tremble at tremble.org.uk
Tue May 18 07:26:42 UTC 2010

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>>> prelink - we don't start apps that often - they're mostly
>>> long-running.
>
> If I understand prelink correctly, it really only needs to be run
> after an RPM update. We could move this to a monthly cron or a check
> that if rpm -V shows prelink problems it is run.

Actually it already does something like that if you set the
PRELINK_NONRPM_CHECK_INTERVAL to something large, basically it only runs
an update if a new RPM was installed since the last update.

  [ "`find /var/lib/misc/prelink.quick -mtime
-${PRELINK_NONRPM_CHECK_INTERVAL:-7} 2>/dev/null`" \
    -a -f /var/lib/rpm/Packages \
    -a /var/lib/rpm/Packages -ot /var/lib/misc/prelink.quick ] && exit 0

Mark