auto-pruning mailman messages held for approval

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 20 19:50:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Sounds fine to me.
>
> I personally go through and deal with all the lists I admin on a daily
> basis. It might be worth asking folks to consider adding moderators or
> admins to lists they never find time to moderate, or adjusting their
> settings.
>
> Do we have some way of sending an email to '*-owners' ?
> If so, we could ask them to consider adding moderators, or adjusting
> settings so this is not such a problem, and also we could tell them
> that we will autoremove after 2 months or whatever.

I can generate a list of every list-owner address on fedorahosted and
lists.fp.o and send a mass mail out about it.

What number is everyone happy with?

1 month?
2 months?

I figure if you're on vacation for over a month then you can appoint a
moderator to take care of things for you if it is really that important.

-sv