Changes in FAmSCo and why it matters, or how to get stuff

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Sun Nov 7 20:43:25 UTC 2010

As you may know, FAmSCo among other things, is responsible for
handling a portion of Fedora's discretionary budget.[0],[1]. We
typically run under-budget, sometimes by a relatively large amount.
FAmSCo recognizes that leaving money on the table every quarter is
effectively a lost opportunity. There's also been talk recently of
FAmSCo's role changing a bit to deal with more of Fedora's
discretionary budget[2],[3],

But enough background, my purpose in this message is to let you know
that there are resources available to help you 'Get Stuff Done.' If
there's something that helps your efforts in Fedora, be that attending
a conference like LISA, Guadec, Akademy, or Pycon, or specific pieces
of hardware to accomplish something, we want to help make that happen.
FAmSCo is actively going to be looking for opportunities to help
contributors, but honestly, Fedora's scope and contributor base is so
large that we might never come across many of those opportunities
without your help.

So how do you get access to these resources? It's relatively easy -
you can speak to a FAmSCo member, or preferably, create a ticket in
FAmSCo's trac instance[4]. You may also want to review the
reimbursement guidelines[5]

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me or any
other FAmSCo member.

Thanks,

David Nalley
on behalf of FAmSCo