Introduction

O. Atwin Calchand anish.calchand at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 10:23:29 UTC 2010

Greetings All,

I am Atwin Calchand and I have just completed a four year degree in
Telecommunications Engineering.  I have been using Fedora since 4 years
now.  I would like to join Infrastructure to help in whatever way I can
and to broaden my skills.  I am an avid user of Fedora and FreeBSD (I
have set up web, DNS, samba, NAS, asterisk, VPN servers amongst
others).  For my final year project, I built a remote network monitoring
system using only open-source software running on WRAP boxes with the
server running FreeBSD.  I know Infrastructure uses Nagios for
monitoring from what I have read  - I have myself experimented with it
and my final year project actually made use of Zabbix due to dynamic IP
issues.  I have also completed the CCNA course and part of the CCNP
syllabus (routing and switching (BSCI and BCMSN)).

I would be very grateful if you could point me to the right place where
I could be useful.  I am quite interested in configuring stuff or maybe
start with monitoring until I get the gist of how open-source
collaboration works.

Kind regards,

Atwin