RFC: Backup upgrade

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 21:28:59 UTC 2010

Currently we are using Bacula 2.4.4 for our backups. With the upcoming
upgrades to RHEL-6 the main backup software will be bacula-5.0.0. I
have 'gleaned' that the upgrade from 2.x to 5.x is not simple which
means we are going to need to do a project on how this will be done.

I am looking for people who have done project management in the past
to help out on this.. mainly it would be to help step through people
who may not have large scale project experience on what things usually
need to be done: scoping, staffing, dropback points, documentation,
etc.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.