Mirrormanager's crawler not running

Matt_Domsch at Dell.com Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Mon Nov 15 15:07:54 UTC 2010

Ugh, that's twice recently then.  I need to revisit that pid handling code in MM.  It looks like it does open()/write()/close(), so not a lot of room for error, but who knows...

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist
Dell | Office of the CTO

-----Original Message-----
From: infrastructure-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org [mailto:infrastructure-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Ricky Zhou
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 3:33 AM
To: infrastructure at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: Re: Mirrormanager's crawler not running

On 2010-11-15 09:18:05 AM, Adrian Reber wrote:
> According to a few hosts I checked in Mirrormanager's web frontend the
> crawler has not been running for at least three days. Last run was on
> 2010-11-12.
Hi, this was due to a stuck lockfile - I've restarted the crawler now.

This happened earlier today with update-master-directory-list too, which caused people to get hash mismatches with yum.  What happened was that /var/run/mirrormanager/crawler.pid and /var/run/mirrormanager/umdl.pid were empty, which prevented both of these processes from running since sometime on the 13th.

I'm not sure how this condition occurs - maybe the process updating the pidfile somehow got killed before it wrote the pid in?  It is strange to see the exact same problem with two different jobs though.

Thanks,
Ricky