boot.fedoraproject.org

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Wed Oct 6 18:12:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 09:29 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> Just so I'm clear, you two thought the "Home" "Download" and "FAQ" links
> along the left hand side were for the regular fedoraproject.org
> navigation?  Would it be more obvious if we added BFO to the front of
> those?  so it'd say:
>
> BFO Home
> BFO Download
> BFO FAQ

That would help I think. It's the fact that the style is so similar to
other Fedora links that one can easily assume to ignore them.
Perversely, I suspect someone totally new to Fedora might see those
links before many of us who are trained to filter them out :)

> Or should we do as Jon suggested and put something under that screenshot?

I suggest doing this in any case. The page looks a little empty, so it's
good to point out that there's more content. Then if it becomes a much
bigger page with more obvious links in due course, this can be dropped.

FWIW, I also don't recall docs on how to write the USB image to the
drive using DD, and various other Fedora docs don't mention that BFO
does USB at this point in addition to other media. Finally, even after I
got it working, sadly none of the network devices in a ASUS Eee PC
1015PEM that just came out recently are supported at this point. I wound
up making a liveusb-creator run with a recent desktop spin (I've some
feedback on that process, which was not as smooth as it should have
been, but that's for another venue).

Thanks, and thanks for BFO efforts.

Jon.