Review Needed: fas02 /var/log/httpd overloaded

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 03:24:30 UTC 2010

Due to the many reboots it looks like the /var/log/httpd on the fas
servers are in a 'weird' state. Some of the files were compressed and
some were sort of compressed when the box rebooted itself. [In fact it
looks like the reboots seem to occur often during logrotate. Since the
files have not been compressed, the logrotate cleanup hasn't removed
them. I would like to compress and let logrotate remove all the old
ones.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.