Introduction

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 02:46:35 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010, Jason Brown wrote:

> Hello everyone, my name is Jason Brown and I would like to contribute
> to the infrastructure team.  I am an RHCE and have 5 years experience
> as a systems administrator mainly working with Red Hat and Fedora.  I
> have knowledge configuring and working with Apache, Puppet, MySQL,
> BIND, Postfix, and Dovecot along with writing scripts in Python and
> Bash.  I would like to work with the sysadmin or the sysadmin-releng
> groups, however any place the infrastructure team needs help is fine
> with me.  I live in Michigan and work until 4:30 so making the
> meetings sometimes maybe difficult.  I can work about 5-10 hours a
> week on projects.

Welcome Jason, so there's several different sysadmin groups (called
"FIGs").  You can read more about it here if you haven't already:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

and

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/FIGs

As for sysadmin-releng, that's sort of an overlap team but most of the
work they do is on different lists and things.  They're certainly very
busy, doing very complex things and can always use help.  Their welcome
page is here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering

	-Mike