[Insight] [IMPORTANT] Staging on insight.stg.fp.o now uses REAL FAS

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 12:57:50 UTC 2011

Hi all,

According to Toshio, we are OK to start authenticating on the staging
instance (https://insight.stg.fedoraproject.org) to real FAS.  I've
made the appropriate changes:

* Pointed the AuthFAS module at admin.fp.o/accounts
  (In staging, there is magic that makes this actually resolve to
  admin.stg.fp.o -- so when we move to production it will simply keep
  working properly using the real admin.fp.o)

* Turned OFF the "trust invalid SSL certs" option.
  This means if something goes wrong with the SSL certs on the FAS
  server, we'll know about it.  Of course, many other apps will make
  sure other people know about it, so this isn't a problem, just
  providing this info for the sake of being complete. :-)

So -- to reiterate, when you login to insight.stg.fp.o, you will use
your REAL FAS account information, and it should be secured via HTTPS
to the best of everyone's knowledge.

The publictest09 server continues to use FakeFAS.  Our development
there will most likely be piecemeal now, and we'll discuss that next
week at our regular meeting.

Red Hat Summit/JBossWorld -- Register now!  http://.theredhatsummit.com