Second rounds of lists clean-up

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sun Apr 3 23:22:19 UTC 2011

seth vidal wrote:
> 1. you can do sys.path insertions to keep it out of ~mailman/bin

Sure, you could.  But it seems cleaner to keep the mailman withlist
scripts in the same place.  Feel free to fix up the script and move it
if you'd rather see it in /usr/local/bin.

> 2. You can disable them from w/i the mailman web interface. go to
> 'privacy options' and then it is the first option at the top.

Well that defeats the purpose of having a script to do so.  For the
times like this when you need to adjust more than a few lists,
scripting the process is a huge win.  As I said in another mail, we
could easily extend this script to do all the tedious work that Andrea
had to do for disabling these lists.  But maybe I just hate dealing
with web interfaces more than other folks do?

How much does it cost to entice a dope-smoking UNIX system guru to
Dayton?
    -- Brian Boyle, UNIX/WORLD's First Annual Salary Survey