Infrastructure repo

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Apr 12 19:47:52 UTC 2011

Greetings.

As many of you know, we have our own infrastructure repository.
This is used for corner case packages that we need, but cannot be in
the main EPEL or RHEL repos we use.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Yum_Repo_SOP

Some reasons might be:

* Theme or branding files that can only be used by us.

* Upgrades to base RHEL packages that are needed for producing fedora.

* Updates that we need sooner than the EPEL 2 week cycle of testing.

* (might be others here?)

I've added a section to the above SOP:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_Yum_Repo_SOP#Add_information_about_why_the_package_is_in_the_repo

If we could start noting why we are adding something and who's
responsible for it, that would be great. :) Also, if someone would like
to look at whats being used from that repo currently we could fill in
the info on any of them that are currently active that would be great.

In looking at whats in there now, there's a ton of old packages, many
of which I suspect we are no longer using anywhere at all. Do we want
to clean this out and move old packages to an archive repo or delete
them? I guess they are only taking up disk space really...

Thoughts/comments welcome.