Infrastructure repo

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Apr 13 16:28:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:40:34 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 01:47:52PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >
> > In looking at whats in there now, there's a ton of old packages,
> > many of which I suspect we are no longer using anywhere at all. Do
> > we want to clean this out and move old packages to an archive repo
> > or delete them? I guess they are only taking up disk space
> > really...
> >
> For things that we're no longer using because there's a newer version
> in EPEL/RHEL/etc, we probably want to delete them.  Sometimes we have
> newer versions there because we need to deploy some changes
> immediately and they need a newer package of a dependency (or we pull
> a new build from koji directly instead of waiting for the build to
> enter EPEL-testing).  Once those sorts of packages make it into the
> official repos, we no longer need to keep the old packages in
> infra.fp.o

How about this:

* always keep the src.rpm around for anything in the SRPMS repo. Since
  this repo isn't used directly much it shouldn't matter that it grows.
  If we need an old package for some reason we can just rebuild it.

* Once per cycle we clean out the i386/x86_64 packages that are no
  longer installed on any machine.

(As a side note, I am thinking we should setup a Housekeeping SOP for
once per cycle a few weeks after release... we can then do this, prune
people who don't need to be in sysadmin groups anymore, prune hosted
projects or lists, etc. Of course thats another topic).