Infrastructure repo

Matt_Domsch at Dell.com Matt_Domsch at Dell.com
Wed Apr 13 21:50:27 UTC 2011

All the copies of mirrormanager can get nuked directly.  Dennis beat on me for throwing them in there rather than wait for them to propagate to epel-testing when I wanted them...

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist
Dell | Office of the CTO

-----Original Message-----
From: infrastructure-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org [mailto:infrastructure-bounces at lists.fedoraproject.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Fenzi
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:35 PM
To: Fedora Infrastructure
Subject: Re: Infrastructure repo

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:14:37 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> We can probably age out and discard those SRPMS as well... I do try to
> clean out old releases for fas and pkgdb, for instance.

I was thinking more for the historical record if we needed it.
Ie, someone needs to know what fas version we used at time X and what was in that package. If we have the srpm and timestamp we could examine it. In practice I doubt it would come up much, especially if those packages don't have any local patches, just newer versions...

> I do tend to keep at least one older version around -- I suppose that
> we could just do that in the SRPM repo and only keep newest in the RPM
> repo... although the primary reason to keep older packages is to be
> able to revert within the first week or so of a new release in case
> something is wrong with an update.  Quick reversion means having the
> last binary packages stick around.

Yeah. Keeping one old one around seems reasonable.

> > * Once per cycle we clean out the i386/x86_64 packages that are no
> >   longer installed on any machine.
> >
> +1
>
> > (As a side note, I am thinking we should setup a Housekeeping SOP
> > for once per cycle a few weeks after release... we can then do this,
> > prune people who don't need to be in sysadmin groups anymore, prune
> > hosted projects or lists, etc. Of course thats another topic).
>
> Also +1.

Draft here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure_post_release_housekeeping

will clean up and try and get it to the point of discussing. ;)