[Insight] insight.dev host status?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 16:56:26 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 02:03:11PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:23:42 -0400
> "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Brilliant, Andrea.  Thanks for cutting some time out to do this!
> >
> > [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/RFR/Insight
> > [2] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2717
> >
> > Is there anyone in a place where they could help out with these
> > tickets before our Monday Insight meeting?  I'd really like to start
> > moving ahead with some of our currently filed Insight tickets but in
> > order to use our change process we need a dev host.
>
> I asked a few questions in the ticket, and I think we discussed on irc,
> but I'm not sure the conclusion we came to. ;)
>
> This box would be for development and a publictest wouldn't work
> because it's too transitory and not in puppet?

Correct.  Also as a side note a publictest box wouldn't use the same
FAS system for credentials, meaning (1) we'd have to maintain two sets
of access control groups, and (2) people would get confused about
their passwords (which we've seen happen repeatedly in the past).

Red Hat Summit/JBossWorld -- Register now!  http://.theredhatsummit.com