RFC: Making changes to secondary

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Apr 21 14:36:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:00:15 -0600
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok currently secondary01 is a system with a large amount of diskspace
> used by what looks like cruft. There is a very old version of archived
> data and there is our secondary architecture items. What I would like
> to do is
>
> a) move that data to the netapp,

I guess this is already done?

> b) create a new secondary02.phx2 which would mount the netapp and
> would allow writing to it

ok. secondary1 would then go away?

> c) move secondary.fedoraproject.org to be an alias to the download
> servers. d) make changes in mirrormanager.

ok. Folks that need to write to it would use secondary02 to access it?

> This will have the advantage that we will be able to use both mirror
> systems on I2 and I1 for this.. it also moves secondary to a larger
> faster disk structure. Things I need help with
>
> a) how does sparc, ia64, arm, mips, ppc sync onto this system. There
> is no running script that I can find for it.

Not sure there. Dennis should know?

> b) what am I missing in the above.

There is deltaiso creating happening on secondary1 right now, but I
think this should work ok with secondary02 as well.

Can't think of any other gotchas off hand.