ticket#1152 - SSL cert monitoring

Rafael Gomes rafaelgomes at techfree.com.br
Sun Apr 24 15:09:58 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

As my first collaboration, following my suggested solution to this problem:

According to that manual of check_http plugin[1], we can use that full
command to monitoring ssl cert:

check_http -H fedoraproject.org -C 20

When the certificate of 'fedoraproject' is valid for more than 20
days, a STATE_OK is returned. When the certificate is still valid, but
for less than 20 days, a STATE_WARNING is returned. A STATE_CRITICAL
will be returned when the certificate is expired.

What you think about this?

[1] - http://nagiosplugins.org/man/check_http

Rafael Gomes
Consultor em TI
LPIC-1 MCSO
(71) 8318-0284

Atenção: Este e-mail pode conter anexos no formato ODF (Open Document
Format)/ABNT (extensões odt, ods, odp, odb, odg). Antes de pedir os
anexos em outro formato, você pode instalar gratuita e livremente o
BrOffice (http://www.broffice.org).