new machines/moves over the next few weeks

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Apr 25 18:39:24 UTC 2011

Greetings.

I'd like to move guests that are currently on xen10 and xen12 in the
next few weeks before final freeze. Both these machines are going off
hardware support soon, so we should get our guests off them.

They currently have:

xen10.phx2.fedoraproject.org:log1:running
xen10.phx2.fedoraproject.org:memcached2:running
xen12.phx2.fedoraproject.org:db01:running

For xen10, this week I will look at:

- Nuking log01 in favor of log02 (which is already all setup).
- Setup a memcached03 box (rhel6) and nuke memcached2.
- Take down xen10

For xen12 things will be a bit trickier as we need to move db01:

- Setup a db05 (rhel6, etc)
- dump/restore data to get a idea how long it will take.
Currently there's a LOT of data on db01, but much of it's stuff we no
longer care about: transifex, cacti, prelude.
which we can omit.
- Schedule outage for around 2011-05-03 or so for insight, wiki, smolt,
  wordpress, zarafa.
- Take down xen12.

After F15 release is done, the next machine on the hit parade is xen14:

xen14.phx2.fedoraproject.org:app01:running
xen14.phx2.fedoraproject.org:puppet01:running

We can probibly do that one without an outage needed.

If anyone would like to assist with any of this, or has a better plan
or ideas, let me know. ;)