infra docs

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 3 16:34:12 UTC 2011

Following up on the action item for the infra-docs/SOP migration from
the wiki to git I was wondering what opinions folks had on these two
markup mechanisms:

markdown

Restructured Text

Suggestions include:

1. having each page be plain text and have the following format:
 Title: blah

 Body goes here

Then having a commit hook for the git repo  generate a simple index of
the above for browsing on a web site.

2. Just put the txt files in a dir and let you browse based on filename
and be done with it. - since a lot of us are going to just use git grep
ANYWAY, just roll with it.

I'm inclined toward simple and add complexity as we go.

-sv