infra docs

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Aug 3 17:16:21 UTC 2011

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:34:12 -0400
seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Following up on the action item for the infra-docs/SOP migration from
> the wiki to git I was wondering what opinions folks had on these two
> markup mechanisms:
>
> markdown
>
> Restructured Text
>

> Suggestions include:
>
> 1. having each page be plain text and have the following format:
>  Title: blah
>
>  Body goes here
>
> Then having a commit hook for the git repo  generate a simple index of
> the above for browsing on a web site.
>

> 2. Just put the txt files in a dir and let you browse based on
> filename and be done with it. - since a lot of us are going to just
> use git grep ANYWAY, just roll with it.
>

> I'm inclined toward simple and add complexity as we go.

Me too, so 2 seems better at first and if we can't find things we can
add an index as per 1 when needed.

I'd like to keep the headings that we have on the wiki page too:

== Contact Information ==
Owner:

Contact:

Location:

Servers:

Purpose:

And some further stuff I wrote up, which is pretty obvious:

Migration plan
==============

For each SOP:

1. Copy the content out of the wiki version into a text file.

2. Update or clean up any wording that should be cleaned up or changed.

3. Commit to new repo and push.

4. Change the wiki page to note that the SOP has been converted and redirect to a
   wiki page that explains about the git repo and how to access it and/or a link to that
   particular sop.

And finally a question:

Currently, our SOP's are in the wiki, and anyone in cla_done can edit them.
Should we carry this over to the new repo? As long as it notifies us on commits
I am just fine with that, but is that possible if it's on lockbox01?