Mediawiki on RHEL6 help needed

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 20:03:27 UTC 2011

Greetings all, Infrastructure is in the process of getting all of our
machines switched from RHEL5 to RHEL6.  Right now we're looking at one of
the more publically visible services that we host -- mediawiki for
fedoraproject.org/wiki.  Mediawiki installs and runs for us but it is too
slow.  So slow, in fact, that our proxy server decides that the instance is
down and takes it out of rotation.

If someone has some mediawiki configuration or mediawiki/php programming
experience and would like to take a look, we'd be happy to get you
permissions to poke around our RHEL6 app server test instance and try out
fixes.  You can contact nirik (Kevin Fenzi) or me (abadger1999) on
irc.freenode.net #fedora-admin to help get you started.  You can also take
a look at the ticket for any details I've left out here:

Thanks,
-Toshio