Questions before requesting new mailing list

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 13:28:31 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I'm about to submit a ticket requesting a new mailing list on
lists.fedoraproject.org.  Before submitting, I'd like to ask a few
questions.  The new list is really an existing list that will be
migrating to lists.fedoraproject.org.  Because of this, the list has
existing members, and archives.

What is the procedure for migrating the existing subscriber list?  I
gather that's something I'd setup after the list is created, but thought
I'd ask here first.

Also, is it at all possible to migrate the existing list archives to the
new lists.fedoraproject.org location?  I suspect this would be fairly
painful, but again, can't hurt to ask. :)

Thanks,
James