Moving Ask Fedora to Staging

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 18:47:00 UTC 2011

Hi

We have been running Ask Fedora in the devel instance for a while now
and updated several times as upstream fixed bugs and responded to
feature requests

http://ask01.dev.fedoraproject.org/questions/

We have a custom CSS file thanks to Suchakra and with the help of PJP
(co-sysadmin, cc'ed),  we have configured it to run with Apache.   I
haven't setup Postfix or memcached yet on the devel instance but atleast
Postfix has been tested locally.  We will have to think about whether we
should be running our own instances or hook into the existing
infrastructure.

A SOP has been written as well

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ask_Fedora_SOP

We will add more details we go forward.   As a side note, while I was
looking at memcached,  ran into a alternative python binding (pylibmc)
for memcached which apparently performs much faster and is being used by
reddit.   This has been packaged as well as the Django (django-pylibmc)
module for that.  Details at

http://amix.dk/blog/post/19471

Let me know what I need to do to move Ask Fedora to Staging

Rahul