Freeze break: fedoracommunity bugfix release

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 17:00:06 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Toshio Kuratomi's message of Tue Aug 23 12:42:01 -0400 2011:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 12:28:55PM -0400, Luke Macken wrote:
> > I would like to do a minor bugfix release for fedoracommunity, as soon
> > as possible. This release contains the following changes:
> >
> >     - Fixes to our bodhi/koji/pkgdb connectors to work with koji's new dist tag scheme
> >     - A couple more cvs->git link fixes
> >
> > This update will fix a bunch of broken widgets, and it will also stop
> > flooding many of our inboxes with tracebacks.
> >
> > If regressions occur, this RPM can easily be downgraded.
> >
> Let's wait for tomorrow and be sure to get it onto staging first.  Today's
> the alpha release day so we don't want to destabilize the wiki (app servers)
> even unintentionally and for a short time period.

I'm fine with waiting for tomorrow to do this. I also forgot to mention
that I deployed this release to staging last week (app01.stg only).
Testing it via admin.stg won't work at the moment, because it is trying
to send half of the requests to the non-existent instance on app02.stg.

As far as fedoracommunity on RHEL6 goes, I have neck deep trying to get
TurboGears2 + Moksha working well on it first. Sadly, TG2 on RHEL6 is
not in the best state at the moment, so it's going to require more work.
I was able to get Moksha's test suite passing 100% on RHEL6 last night,
but TG2's test suite is still unhappy.

luke